Thursday, February 26, 2015

Things I'm Loving This Winter

Not going to lie, this winter has been ROUGH. Last winter there were some cold days and snow, but this one has been frigid. Didn't I leave the Midwest to escape this?! I'm hopeful for an early spring, as I've had to take too many runs to the treadmill recently, and taken my car to the car wash too many times to be de-salted, only to have it a white, ugly mess again within days. We've also had too many bouts with germs from kids being cooped up inside, and not enough outdoor fun. All that said, here are a few of my favorite things right now that have been helping me get through these winter months!

Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash


I can't use any soaps or laundry detergents with perfumes, and because of that, I've always been stuck using just bar soap, Dove Sensitive Skin being my bar of choice. Well now, Dove has an unscented free, sensitive skin body wash that I love. It's very moisturizing for winter skin and is also great for using as a shave cream.

Skinny Taste One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac


This recipe is pretty easy (I use store bought taco seasoning to help with that, and only mild so it's not too spicy for little pallets) and makes a large portion for a lot of leftovers. Plus, it's an easy way to get more than just carbs into my little guys mouth, and still excite him with his favorite food, mac and cheese! The serving size is a generous cup full, so it leaves me feeling satisfied as well.

This Is Where I Leave You 

I had heard rave reviews about this book; I haven't heard as great of things about the movie (but after reading it, I know I'll see it once it's out on DVD). I just finished the book, and found it to be a great read. I loved the character development of this dysfunctional, yet loving, family. Highly recommend picking it up!

Halo Top Creamery 

This light ice cream is delicious, high in protein, and packs better nutrition facts than any other light ice cream I've tried. I like the vanilla bean a lot, either plain, or with a little nutella added on. =)


Under Armour Fly-By Headband
This headband is great for containing fly aways and staying in place. I got a questionable haircut in January with more layers than I counted on, and this headband holds them right in, without budging whether I'm running, spinning or doing bootcamp. I love the bright colors as well!

Pin It

No comments: