Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

As promised, here is my recipe for Chicken Enchiladas.

You'll need:
  • Two Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • Packet of Taco Seasoning
  • Can of Fat Free Refried Beans
  • 8 Tortillas
  • Regular Size Jar of Enchilada Sauce
  • 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar
I usually bake up my chicken the night before, seasoning it with the taco seasoning pack, and baking at 400 degrees for 30 minutes to be a step ahead for dinner the next night.

Once chicken breast is done, I shred it with a fork (careful if you're doing it fresh from the oven and it's hot!) and then spread the refried beans on to each tortilla, then fill it with a portion of the shredded chicken. It should look something like this:


Then, fold up the filled tortillas and line them up in a baking dish, fold side down. Once in the dish, pour entire bottle of enchilada sauce evenly on top, then top with shredded sharp cheddar. For the sauce, I like the Ortega brand in Medium, it gives it a perfect kick. Yes, I know that sauce has corn syrup in it, no, I don't care.

Ready to bake!

Then, bake the dish at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and voila! Easy, and delicious! Each enchilada has five points if you're counting Weight Watchers Points when I use small, corn tortillas. Ben is always advocating for more cheese, but I think the half cup is the perfect amount for me.

I usually enjoy one enchilada in a sitting with two tablespoons of light sour cream (I do NOT do fat free dairy products besides milk, gross). This is a great six point, end of the day meal.

Thanks to these awesome baking dishes from Crate and Barrel we received from our friends Chris and Sarina as wedding gifts, I always freeze two of the enchiladas in the small dish and make them for a quick dinner for one if I need something in the future. They bake up just great after being frozen.

Tomorrow I'll be doing an awesome give away, that I'm really excited about, so be sure to check back then!

Pin It

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Yum! Thank you, Alexa!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a wonderful meal! I love that you can freeze it too. Thanks for sharing it! Kat