Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Skinny on SkinnyGirl Margarita

Over the past few weeks I finally figured out who Bethenny Frankel is. Well, that's not true, I knew who she was, one of the Real Housewives of NYC, and I had seen her preggers wedding picture and then adorable daughter's picture in my celebrity gossip research.
Anyway, last week I started watching her new reality show on Bravo Bethenny Getting Married? about her engagement and four week wedding planning (yes, four weeks) to Jason Hoppy and I loooooved it. The appeal isn't just that I'm getting married in six days after a 15 month engagement and wanted to see how she pulled this off in four weeks, plus career and carrying a child, but because she's so darn funny!! She's a social butterfly, but a complete wanna be hermit at the same time, I can completely relate. I had never seen her on Real Housewives of NYC because I'm a Real Housewives of New Jersey gal, but her spin off has me hooked!

As I read about her I became intrigued, and decided I had to get a copy of her book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting. I've been reading it for a few days, and I can't put it down (I read it tonight while eating a brownie-- she says you should indulge sometimes, give me a break here!).

Then, last night, it happened. I walked into the liquor store and staring back at me on display was a huge cutout of Bethenny herself and a huge display of her signature drink, Skinnygirl Margarita!!
I literally let out a huge gasp, followed by a squeal of, "The Skinny Girl Margarita, oh my gosh!!!"
Luckily, it was five minutes until closing and there were only three people in store, all employees, and all men of course. Some of them gave me a weird look, but one guy smiled and said, "that stuff is really popular!" To that, I decided to spout off to him all I knew about Bethenny (he gave me the same blank look my fiancee did when I explained her getting married show to him).

I got home and ripped open the bottle to pour myself a drink; I had to try the drink that's always being name dropped on her show.
And after one drink, let me tell you folks, YUM!! This gal got it right again.

Here's the detes on the nutrition facts: 100 calories for every four ounce serving. It's made with Agave Nectar and Premium 100% Blue Agave clear tequila. It is 25.4 proof for alcohol content.

The thing I like best about this drink, isn't so much that I don't feel as guilty having my favorite cocktail with this, it's that at first taste, you don't get blasted with that sugary, sweet flavor you do with regular margaritas. You get a nice, softer sweet taste that doesn't leave you feeling bloated like so many sugar laced drinks do.
With my new go to cocktail!

As far as price point, 750ml cost me $14.99 plus tax, not bad in my book, but I'm also a light weight, so this is a few nights worth in a bottle for me.

If you're trying to lead a healthy lifestyle like me, next time there's a girls night, or you're asked to bring a bottle of spirits to share at a party, pick this up, seriously, your friends will thank you, and so will your pants the next morning when they still fit.

Also, Bethenny's website has great healthy recipe ideas, she started out, and still is, a natural foods chef, check it out!

8 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

oohh - that sounds so good! I've never been one for a margarita on the rocks like that but pretty sure I can add some Crystal Light to give it a fruity flavor! When you get back from your honeymoon, please...lets do you, me, the puppys, a bottle of that and my craigslist patio!

Kelly @ Dream. Strive. Succeed. said...

I have zero exposure to Real Housewives of Anything ... but now that we have a deck and a grill and it's summer, adult beverages seem to be quite common at Berry Field these days. (no deck furniture yet, but we're working on that - I'm scouring Craigslist and believe that I will be victorious soon!)

I'm getting back on the healthier eating and more exercise bandwagon now that the packing and moving is done, and I'm definitely looking for ways to more reasonably join my family and friends in imbibing. I also struggle with things that are too sugary, so I especially appreciate your comments on that.

Thanks for posting about this. I need to make a France 44 run to stock the beverage fridge, and I'll definitely pick up some of this for me!

(also, 6 days till your wedding!!! On your wedding day remember this - no matter what happens, what really matters is that at the end of the day, the man you love will be your husband. Anything else that occurs outside of your plans or what you envision - those things make the best stories later on. Those will be the stories you tell with tears running down your face because you're laughing so hard as you're telling them. Enjoy these last few days. I'll be thinking of you on Saturday!!!)

Tricia said...

sounds great!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review, I've been wondering about the Skinny Girl Margarita for awhile. I will definitely be checking it out!

Unknown said...

I love your writing!

Anonymous said...

I love sharing the margarita with my best friend! Love the creator as well. The sappiness I could do without. Do they have it at Costco? I want to stock up.

Unknown said...

great post.

Maria losing weight

Admin said...

thanks for the article, it's quite helpful. for those of you who have not read it please click the link below to read it


Obat Sakit Pinggang